Skip to main content

When I'm Feeling Blue . . .

So, I'm in a blue work state of mind.  Who could blame me though?  Blue is my favorite color

When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do is break open the sketch book, and then it's off to Illustrator I go.  Not really the ending you thought?  I'm sure my college professors are all falling out of their chairs as I type this, too.  It was a serious struggle to get me to sketch back then.  I think I'd break out in to hives and hyperventilate, whenever I was asked (asked = ordered) to sketch something.  I needed an hour or so to pout before I could put pencil to paper.  Oh, those were the days.  Now, back to the subject at hand . . .

OK.  Enough of the cheesy song innuendos.  This little menacing creation is called "Sinister".  Although, I'm not too sure she's really all that scary.  I seem to have a real challenge when it comes to producing truly scary work.  I'm marginally curious what a shrink would make of that.  Oh well, I digress . . .

This piece was drawn and colored in Illustrator.  It was one of the quicker pieces to put together.  The original sketch for it was very sketchy to say the least.  It was inspired by another player's avatar in a little online MMORPG I like to play in my spare time.  Oh, my.  Did I fail to mention that I'm a warlord on the side?  The insanity just can't be contained.  However, once again, I digress . . . 

If anyone is interested in any of the details of how Sinister was drawn  (or colored), just write a comment.  If there is enough interest, I'll write a tutorial. (Insert NoNo's itty-bitty disclaimer here).

Once again, thank you for looking at my post.  I look forward to showing more of my dabblings in the future.  As always, I am open to honest critiques.

Later,
NoNo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Draw an Adorable Vector Frog in Illustrator

Hi, and welcome to NoNotopia!  I'm sooooo happy you've stopped by.  Today I'm going to show you how I drew this adorable little guy in Adobe Illustrator.  It's most comical that I'm declaring that he's adorable, because in real life I'm less than enamored of frogs to say the very least.  But.  I digress.  So, back to the point . . . . . This tutorial is for anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of AI.  It can be completed easily using only a mouse.  For those of you just starting out the perceived expense of beginning graphic work can be a bit daunting.  I suggest you do NOT let this sway you.  Please, follow along as we take it step by step (or should I say as we take tiny hops) to a completed piece. Back on topic . . .    This is Hoppy G. Frog.  He was created using very basic Illustrator tools. mostly the Ellipse tool ( L ) a bit of the Line Segment tool ( \ ) the Shape Builder tool ( Shift + M ) This is the first part of a 2 part tutorial.

How to Draw a Perfect Heart in Illustrator in 3 Easy Steps

  Tada!!!!!   Look at the these perfect little beauties.  They were achieve without once fiddling with a bezier curve or having to futz with the reflection tool Admit it.  Everyone needs a heart at some point or other in our (ahem) creative lives, and the little buggers can be a bit of an inconvenient hassle if the goal is to achieve something remotely symmetrical. Lucky you.  I have the answer to you cardiac conundrum--well sort of.  If you ignore the whole medical aspect of it all and go totally with the digital drawing dilemma of it all.  Yes, I have the digital drawing solution you didn't know you were seeking. Would you like to know the secret to producing such pulmonary perfection?  Keep reading to find out.   1.Draw a small square. (Mine is 0.25 in by 0.25 in) Now using the direct selection arrow (A), delete one of the anchorpoints. Open the stroke pallette, and apply a round cap to the resulting stroke. (see below) Then increase the stroke wid